Monday, October 01, 2007

American Idol Season 1 Finalist Jim Verraros Reaches Out to Fellow Idols

American Idol Season 1 finalist Jim Verraros is feeling a bit nostalgic.

In a blog post on his myspace page, Jim, who has released two CDs and appeared in several movies, including the relative DVD hit Eating Out, laments that he has not kept in touch with his fellow finalists from the first year of the show.

Here's what Jim had to say...

I guess for some reason, I've been reminiscing a lot about my former Idol Gang: RJ Helton, Christina Christian, EJay Day, Justin Guarini, Tamyra Gray, Nikki McKibbin, Ryan Starr, AJ Gil, and Kelly Clarkson. Half of these people I haven't spoken to in YEARS. It's been six seasons since we were all the American Idol Top Ten. It's crazy how much we've all grown up, how much we've changed and unfortunately, grown apart.

I remember the last tour stop in Seattle, Washington...how we all promised not to lose touch after it all came to an end...but, things happen. People go off in different directions, tackle different opportunities that come their way, and that's life.

I thanked them all in my album liner notes when my record came out in 2005. And I hope they read what I had to say; because I meant every word. In fact, I still do. Very much.

More than anything, though...I wanted to try and reach out to as many as I could today, browsing through their Myspace Profiles and writing them "I miss you" messages. Whether they'll write back, I don't know. But, I wanted to do something to let them know that they were on my mind, and that no matter where life takes us, we all shared something so amazing together. Something only a handful of people will ever get to experience.

We were the trailblazers. The originals, and guinea pigs. And in my opinion, no matter who goes on to win season 7,8 or 9...there will be only one true Idol. Kelly. And I hope she knows that.

A lot of this has sort of spiraled from American Idol re-airing on the CW network...and I can't tell you how strange it is to actually re-watch some of that footage five years ago.

Even though American Idol has turned into a "ratings juggernaut," I wouldn't trade my season for anyone else's. Being in that group of ten was the best thing that ever happened to me. And no matter what anyone says, that group of nine are the most amazingly talented and good hearted people that will ever appear on Idol. Take my word for it.

We've struggled harder than any other season of competitors have on American Idol. But, when we do achieve success, it tastes so much sweeter than it would have any other way.

I hope everyone's doing well. What has everyone else been up to these days? Fill me in.

Love You Always,

Jim

Click for more News on Former American Idol Contestants

Click for This Week's Top 10 Posts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like High school Jim, people just move on.

If you lost touch with everyone, well, then you would have to take some of the responibility.

The more successful idols need to pick and chose their friends because of time restraints - they just can't have everyone as their bestest friend because there are so many hours in the day and they don't have a lot of down time.

I recently spent time with a friend who scored a exciting but demanding job (up from our more meager beginnings) and also does a lot of charity work, she was winnowing down her friends list because she just couldn't keep in touch with everyone. She flies around the world for her job and when she is home, husband comes first, then friends. I ended up on the list of people to call at least once a year. I am glad she made that time for me and understand her issues with time, it is great to get together for dinner once a year and just talk. A lot of people had to be dropped off her friends list for one reason or another, she still likes them and sends them holiday cards, but she wants to spend enough time to connect with people, not just on the surface.

Oliboyz said...

Well, I agree with the first comment though. Btw, Jim, you are such a nice guy. I like your movies, your music and will always catch up your news.