Thursday, October 25, 2007

12 Best SYTYCD Dances: Benji and Heidi's Mambo at #2



Yes, I know, it's been ages since I've continued my list of the 12 Best SYTYCD Dances of All Time, and some of the more loyal Idol Thoughts readers have not let me forget it!

We had left off at #3, with Lacey and Kameron's contemporary dance by Mia Michaels, which leaves us only with #2 and #1. Coming in at the penultimate spot is...

Benji and Heidi's mambo!

I'm as surprised as the next person to have this dance featured as high as it is, especially since I was no fan of Benji's during the second season's competition. But this performance is so intricate, so nuanced, and so well executed, it is impossible not to admire the artistry and workmanship that went into creating it. There is, literally, not one single flaw in this dance, and the spins, footwork, and movement across the stage is breathtaking. Yes, it's a bit creepy to see the cousins gettin' all sexy up on each other, but if you can overlook that, I dare you not to be impressed.

Coming soon...the single best dance ever on So You Think You Can Dance.

Click for more So You Think You Can Dance, including #s 12 through 3.

No comments: