Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dancing with the Stars Top 9: Rankings and Recap

Last night saw some great dancing, but also one huge debacle -- the return of Samantha Harris as co-host. God, I hate her! Bring back Drew Lachey!

Here's my rankings from last night's show...

1. Helio Castroneves
At this point I can't tell if I love Helio or if I am just smitten with Julianne, but this Viennese waltz was just heavenly to watch. The judges are right -- this guy is nothing but pure pleasure. He's definitely the men's best chance at producing another champion...

2. Sabrina Bryan
But if a girl is going to steal it away, chances are it will be Sabrina. Yes, she got a "30" from the judges, but she missed out on my top spot due to no fault of her own -- I just didn't love the song for the dance. She was flawless, and spirited, though -- I just hope next time they get a better song to shake their groove thangs to.

3. Jennie Garth
Kellie Taylor rocks! After last week's triumphant Tango I was worried Jennie might relapse into the stiff klutz she was during the first few weeks, but she delivered in spades last night, really rockin' the paso doble. I feel like it's 1995 all over again..and I love it!

4. Jane Seymour
This woman is grace and elegance personified. Sure, she's got a little of the Vivica Fox-I'm-taking-this-too-seriously syndrome, but as long as she keeps turning out flawless performances, you won't hear me complaining.

5. Cameron Mathison
Good for the soap star, who really stepped it up this week and finally showed he's got some talent beneath those rippling muscles. This was passionate and inspired, and may catapult Mathison to the top of (at least the male) pack.

6. Marie Osmond
At the end of this dance I literally said aloud, "Awwww." I don't know what it is about Marie Osmond, but I absolutely adore watching her dance. And those head twirls were fierce! You go, girl.

7. Mel B.
I love the erstwhile Spice Girl, but she's gonna have to step it up to compete with the other strong ladies in the competition.

8. Mark Cuban
Definitely his best performance of the competition, Cuban is still difficult to watch. The heartbreaking billionaire -- wah wah, I feel so bad for him. Not!

9. Floyd Mayweather
I'm over the boxer. He doesn't have skill, he doesn't have precision, and what he does have is an attitude. Get him outta here.

There it is, my rankings. Check back later for my prediction of who will be sent packin' tonight.

Click for more Dancing with the Stars

Click for Last Week's Top 10 Posts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HELIO is going to win it alllll
and i havent been wrong any of the
seasons picking the winner