Saturday, June 30, 2007

Audra McDonald To Replace Merrin Dungey on Grey's Anatomy Spin-off

Michael Ausiello over at tvguide.com is reporting that four-time Tony Award winner Audra McDonald will replace Alias star Merrin Dungey as Dr. Addison Montgomery's (Kate Walsh) best friend on the Grey's Anatomy spin-off Private Practice. Apparently the decision was made after Dungey didn't "pop" with the audience. As much as I loved Dungey on Alias, I can't say I disagree with the decision -- she didn't work for me.

I love Audra -- I've seen her in shows and in concerts and I have no doubt she is going to be fantastic playing Taye Digg's ex-wife on Private Practice. With her, Walsh, Diggs, Tim Daly, Amy Brenneman, Paul Adelstein, and Chris Lowell, not to mention Shonda Rhimes, there are certainly enough reasons to watch this show. My only fear is that we will have lost Audra to TV-land, and it will be awhile before she returns to the Great White Way. I had heard rumblings that she was considering returning to Broadway as early as this fall, but I'd imagine that is now impossible.

Take Hollywood by storm, Audra - but don't forget about New York and the theater!

Click for more Television News/Commentary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sad because Idol is over... and I come to this blog and there is not as many posts...

You are great.... Please write more!