Thursday, June 19, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Top 18 Results..

First, a note to whoever is dressing Cat Deeley this season -- good work!

Tonight's results were not particularly surprising -- as I predicted in my post SYTYCD Top 18 Elimination Prediction, Susie and Marquis were eliminated from the competition. I can't say I'm sorry to see them go -- I never saw Susie's appeal, and Marquis came off a bit too young and eager for my taste. Still, seeing his sweet face try to hold off tears tugged at the heartstrings a bit, I'm not gonna lie.

I also wasn't shocked by Susie and Marquis' companions in the Bottom 3 -- Comfort/Chris and Chelsea/Thayne. The latter four are lucky to still be around -- I wasn't impressed by any of their solos. If I had to determine a best-to-worst, here's what it would look like:

1. Chelsea
2. Comfort
3. Thayne
4. Chris
5. Marquis
6. Susie

But I reiterate -- none of them were good.

As for the rest of the show, I was excited to see Idina Menzel's song "Brave" used for the goodbye montage, but who was that flamenco fool? And if he has auditioned for the show twice and not made it on, why should we care about him as a "special guest."

Perhaps I just don't appreciate the art of flamenco.

Flo Rida -- yeah.

Shane Sparks routine, however, was excellent -- and Comfort should be very grateful. Apparently, according to Nigel, it's what saved her from elimination. Is that fair? It's not considered a "judged performance," though, of course, the judges do watch it. What do you think?

And did the right two go home? Leave a comment below and let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Marquis was robbed. Chris should have left...Comfort and Marquis would have been a very interesting couple

Anonymous said...

I couldn't disagree more. I thought all of the solos were strong and, from Nigel's tone, I think the judges agreed. That being said, Marquis and Susie's were the weakest.

Unknown said...

i agree with one of the above comments that chris should have gone over marquis.
and i agree with you that it was great to have idina's song for susie's montage. i hope that it will give idina's solo career a step up.