Thursday, June 05, 2008

Is It Just Me, Or Was That Travis Wall Drag Show on So You Think You Can Dance a Liittle Weird?

Um, is it just me, or was that Travis Wall drag show on tonight's So You Think You Can Dance really weird?

Click here to view the video

Now, I love Travis. Love, love, love. Like, went to the concert and screamed his name like a 13-year old girl (and let me be clear -- I am not a 13-year old girl). In fact, I was eating lunch last month at Vintage in New York City and was seated about 10 feet away from him, and seriously had to restrain myself from just gawking at him while he ate.

Yeah, I love him.

I don't really know what to say about that performance, however. He was convincing, sure. He was a great dancer, as always. He shaved his legs.

Yeah.

I'm just not sure what the purpose of it was, except to show off Travis' drag skills. Maybe it just wasn't funny enough -- just awkward, because he was so damn good at dancing like a woman. (I found the aerial particularly impressive)

Yeah, I don't know what to say about it. Anyone else have a thought? Please share in the comments below.

5 comments:

Carol F. said...

I thought it was amazing! Just count it up to Travis being a great actor, as well. Very funny and well done, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

You are not the only one, I thought it was weird also.

Anonymous said...

haha I thought it was quite adorable and it did show that he is a great actor and is comfortable with almost anything, although i would've thought it was a way for the show to make more money and create more gossip about it. =)
But I did love his performance.

Anonymous said...

It was fun & crazy and I applaud him for having the guts to take the risk that people might think it's "a little wierd"!
Travis has said that it was a gag on Nigel that he didn't expect to be broadcast. How refreshing that TW doesn't take it all so damn serious!

Anonymous said...

Travis had a couple of home-made drag pics of him on g-strings and stuff right before becoming "famous"...google them...he's a drag for sure!