Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Phew, It's Not Lisa! Stephanie Takes Home the Prize on Top Chef

This is what was going through my mind during the last 5 minutes of the Top Chef finale:

"Please don't let it be Lisa. Oh my god, is it going to be Lisa? Please don't let it be Lisa."

Can you tell I'm not scary-face's biggest fan?

Stephanie, on the other hand, I love. In fact, when it was announced that she was the winner of this season, my significant other and I literally high fived.

We were psyched.

Yes, the humble culinary genius became the first female winner of the show, and I couldn't be happier. I thought (along with everyone else) that it would come down to Stephanie and Richard, but who could have forseen Lisa's strong final performance? Or Richard's judge's table meltdown?

So another season of Top Chef comes to an end -- certainly not the best of the series so far, but a satisfying end leaves, appropriately, a good taste in my mouth.

No comments: