Monday, October 06, 2008

Is DANCING WITH THE STARS' Cheryl Burke Pregnant...Or Just Fat?



I was watching Dancing with the Stars with a friend last night, and he asked me, "Who is that fat girl in the corner?" My answer -- "Two-time champion Cheryl Burke."

Ouch.

Cheryl, who along with fellow pro Edyta basically invented the barely-there Dancing costume, has been conspicuously covered up this season (her dress in last night's rumba had more fabric than five of her dresses last season combined!). Additionally, she has definitely been displaying a little more poundage, both in the body and the face. Here are my theories as to her weight gain:

1. She's pregnant. Seems slighly implausible, as dancing the way she does couldn't possibly be good for a fetus, but hey, anything is possible.

2. Five seasons without a trip to the finals is taking it's toll, and she's fighting with fellow pro Lacey Schwimmer (read post ARE CHERYL BURKE AND JULIANNE HOUGH SNUBBING LACEY SCHWIMMER?). The result? She's "eating her feelings."

Anyone else got a plausible explanation? Sound off below.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she just quit smoking and that explains the extra weight on.transition is tough but give her a few months to adjust and she will lose the weight.Quitting smoking is tough physically and mentally to take.

Anonymous said...

Um, how many times has she been caught on camera drunk in the past few years? That's not so low-cal, you know.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if she stops screwing every partner she dances with and taking birth control pills...I'm sure...along with partying and drinking so much...she'll slim down.

Anonymous said...

I wondered the very same thing! Is she pregnant or has she just gained a lot of weight? The extra weight would hinder her performance a bit, I would think. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

I think everyone criticizing Cheryl's weight should be ashamed. My guess is all of these nasty comments are from women... Ladies, when are we going to learn that we are our own worst enemies when it comes to stuff like this?

You are perpetuating body image issues in a culture that is obviously already obsessed with this glamorized idea of thinness. As a former ballet dancer, I can tell you that comments like these breed eating disorders. Watch what you say, and don't be so quick to throw stones at other women that you SHOULD be supporting.

Anonymous said...

I cannot beleive you woman...give me a break. Jealousy certainly says some nasty stuff.