Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Top 11 Performances: Melinda Doolittle

When I first heard that Melinda was singing "As Long As He Needs Me" from the musical "Oliver," I was a little confused. How did this classify as part of the British invasion? Why would she choose a song from a musical?

As soon as I saw her perched sitting on the edge of the stage, Fantasia-Summertime-style, any of those questions flew out of my head, and all I could think about was the glorious performance unfolding before me. Melinda truly is sensational -- each and every week of this competition she has come out and given an absolutely first-rate performance.

And her new haircut is fierce!

Definitely the best of the night.

GRADE: A


1. Melinda Doolittle
2. Jordin Sparks
3. Blake Lewis
4. LaKisha Jones
5. Chris Sligh
6. Chris Richardson
7. Haley Scarnato
8. Phil Stacey
9. Gina Glocksen
10. Stephanie Edwards
11. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: