Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kelly Clarkson Is Back At #1!

Don't count Kelly Clarkson out...with her new album "All I Ever Wanted" flying off the shelves, she's back and better than ever!!

Hits Daily Double is reporting that Kelly sold 254K copies of her fourth album this past week, easily topping the Album Chart. While this number is slightly less than the first week totals for her last two albums, the success of lead-off single "My Life Would Suck Without You," along with four or five potential singles on the disc, mean this album should be selling well for quite some time.

And can I just say -- I love the album! "Cry," "Ready," and "I Do Not Hook Up" are my current favorite tracks, but I'm also diggin' on "Don't Let Me Stop You," "All I Ever Wanted," "I Want You," and "Long Shot." What am I saying -- I love the whole damn thing!

The Dream grabbed the #2 spot on this week's album chart with 147K discs sold, followed by last week's #1 U2, J. Holiday, and Taylor Swift.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw her on Sat. Night Live the other night. I was impressed, so I picked up her cd the next day because I liked the 2 songs she sang. But, I was pleasantly surprised when I realized I really like every song, all for a different reason. There was a lot of variety on it, which I loved, and Kelly pulled each song off beautifully.

This is my first cd I've bought of hers, now, I want to get her others. Amazing voice!

Anonymous said...

Love the album! My favorite song is "Already Gone". She sings it so beautifully!