Friday, May 23, 2008

Grey's Anatomy Finally Gets Good Again

No question about it -- the Writer's Strike sucked. However, there is some good that came out of it, namely a chance for some shows that had gotten a bit tired to find their creative juices again. Grey's Anatomy was definitely one of those shows.

If you had asked me a few months ago if I cared whether Meredith and Derek got back together or separated permanently, I probably would have told you I couldn't care less. Cut to me bawling last night as the tortured lovebirds shared a passionate kiss on the piece of land Derek had bought with the intention of building his dream house for the two of them to live. Meredith is working through her crap. Derek can't let go of the woman he loves.

I cared. I really cared.

I also cared that Callie finally owned up to the complicated feelings she was having for Haun; that an over-worked Bailey handed over the reins of her beloved clinic to a still-floundering Izzie; that Alex let himself break down on Izzie's shoulder; that George and Christina both re-found their mojo; and that the Chief has been accepted back into his home. I really cared.

Kudos to Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, Sara Ramirez, Brooke Smith, Justin Chambers, TR Knight, and Katherine Heigl for their phenomenal work on last night's episode. A special shout-out must go to Chandra Wilson, who once again showed that she is one of this show's strongest weapons. That Stars Wars speech was genius! I can't wait for the fall to see how the developments continue to play out.

No comments: