Monday, December 10, 2007

Battle to the Finish: Who Will Win America's Next Top Model?



After a season of bad weaves, Aspberger's Syndrom and not-quite-plus size models, it all comes down to this -- Chantal, Saleisha and Jenah are the three remaining contenders on this season of America's Next Top Model. Now the question is... who's gonna win?

If you had asked me this question a few weeks ago, I would have hands-down answered "Jenah!" She has consistently taken the best pictures, and has the kind of edgy, high-fashion look that the judges usually love. Her attitude, however, may end up doing her in -- after weeping her way through last week's episode, she barely escaped elimination, and she's going to have to really show that she wants this if she's going to come out on top.

Then there is Chantal, who I had written off as just another Barbie clone until last week, when her positive attitude (and fierce picture) finally won me over. I still think she's a little white-bread to take home the prize, and if she declares she "loves!" one more thing I'm gonna scream, but if she performs well in the Cover Girl commercial, she could find herself the champion.

Which leads me to Saleisha, who, in the first week of competition, I predicted, based on her natural beauty, would be the winner. I waned on her throughout the season (I don't think her haircut does her any favors), but she remains the most consistent contestant, and her ability to speak articulately is sure to help her in this final stretch. At this point, I'd be shocked if Saleisha doesn't wind up winning the whole thing. I guess she learned something at Tyra's 'T' Camp after all!

Having said all that, it should be noted that any of these three girls would be a huge improvement over reigning Top Model Jaslene, who embarrasingly lisps her way through the "My Life as a Cover Girl" spots. If I never see Jaslene again, it won't be too soon.

Who do you think is going to win? Leave a comment below and let me know!

Read more on Top Model



No comments: