Monday, September 24, 2007

Ridiculously Early Predictions for Survivor: China's Final Four



My gosh, I feel like I've been watching Survivor forever!

The umpteenth version of the reality show premiered last week, and, as is traditionally the case, a few contestants stood out, and a few completely faded into the woodwork. Because so much of the show's content can be obscured by editing, and there are a thousand twists and turns that could take place over the next couple of months, it's nearly impossible to accurately predict who will go far in the game. But that's not gonna stop me!

First, though, I think it's pretty easy to see which players will not go far in the game, namely Courtney, the uber annoying waitress from New York (I'm from New York, and I promise, we are not all like this this whiny bitch!); Peih-Ge, who is already making a target of herself by complaining about the work ethic of her tribemates; poker player Jean-Robert, who, in the previews for next week's episode, is already being chastised for not doing work around camp; and cutie surfing instructor Aaron, whose leadership ambitions are sure to be his downfall.

I'm intrigued by Todd, the "gay Mormon flight attendant," who has already been tagged the "devious one"; Leslie, the principled Christian radio host who stood up for her religious beliefs by refusing to bow down to Buddha; Ashley, the feisty professional wrestler who was the first contestant felled by sickness this year; and humble lunch lady Denise.

But my predictions for the final 4 standing? I know I'm setting myself up for failure, but here we go:

Eric -- This so-far-quiet musician could bond with the women and not threaten the guys, taking himself far in the game.

Frosti -- Agility and athleticism go far in this game, which could bode well for the youngest ever contestant on the show

James -- The gentle giant/gravedigger's soulful vibe could ingratiate him to his tribemates.

Sherea -- The elementary school teacher should know how to deal with conflict!

What do you think? Am I totally off-base? Who do you predict (at this ridiculously early stage) will be the Final 4?

Viva Survivor!

Click for more Survivor

Click for Today's Top 10 Posts

No comments: